Em and Granmama are having a ball. We wear new clothes each day, most of those with tags still hanging on them. It is our goal to wear a new outfit daily. She has cut three new teeth in three days! We have gone for a stroller walk each day. We have even ventured out driving to the exchange and commissary. I have to commend myself for a job well done, not once driving in the wrong lane. But it does take quite a bit of concentration driving on the "wrong side" of the road. Her mom & dad called this morning for a quick listen to their sweet ones coos and jabber. Emersyn lit right up when she heard their voices. Life is good but totally exhausting! Every muscle in my body aches and I am positive she has gained 10 lbs since I arrived. But her sweet smile and giggling makes life so worthwhile!!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Life with Emersyn
I am in Okinawa, Japan "taking care" of my granddaughter, Emersyn Ali, while her parents, Matt and Amy, are touring Vietnam and Cambodia for 12 days. We celebrated her First Birthday just before they left with about 40 people. They rented a bouncy house shaped like a birthday cake. So glad her parents let her experience bouncing earlier in the morning as it poured rain all afternoon at the party! This did not deter the 15+ children who attempted to dry it out and bounce until they were shivering cold. The highlight of the day was Emersyn in her high chair with her own cake! She was somewhat hesitant at first, but then dug in with pink frosting up to her armpits and eyelashes. She couldn't get enough. Needless to say due to a sugar high, we skipped a nap that day. She also met people at the door and wrestled the presents away from them right then and there to open. How she knew they were for her, I am not sure. She loved ripping the paper off and opening boxes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I'm glad to hear you are having such a good time with Emersyn . . . even if she is wearing you out. Good thing you're retired so you can come home and have a vacation.
ReplyDelete