Saturday, June 27, 2009
After 14 Years, I Have A NEW Car!!
It has truly been 14 years since I have had a new car! Tim has bought at least 5 cars during this same time period. Hardly seems fair does it? But I am patient and will wait for what I want. I have researched, dreamed, test driven, and dreamed some more about owning a convertible. I drove the BMW, Lexus and Mercedes Benz...falling totally in love with the MB SL550 and CLK 550. I saved up for a large down payment twice before, but something unforeseen kept coming up that would empty my account. But last Sunday was the day when it all came together and Tim actually said I could get it. Trust me I did my homework and got the exact car I wanted and the best price in the state of California! I finally decided on the MB CLK 550 that seats 4, instead of two, but has the same powerful engine as the SL550! It is beautiful, white with stone interior, fully loaded. We drove down to Valencia in my 1994 Jaguar which I somewhat reluctantly traded in as they were only offering $500 in trade--which they finally increased to $800 and I accepted that it was just a fleeting feeling of emotional attachment that would pass within one block of leaving the dealership. (Which it did) We decided to return home by way of Ventura and Santa Barbara along the coast with the top down!! Wow!! Tim was in charge of the Sirius Radio and of course the choice was cowboy music, but it was good. Tim started getting cold in Ventura, so I pulled over to put up the top. It was not completely engaging and locking closed, so after a number of phone calls to MB, we decided to just drive on home with the top down and worry about it the next day. With the top down, the heated seats on high, the heater blowing full force and the radio blasting we had a really fun drive home and even Timothy was warm enough. We loved looking at the stars, arriving home at 11:00 pm. My local dealership got every thing working great on Thursday. I've got to remember the sunscreen and to get a cool scarf to wear. I love my new car!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment