Cider Falls 3 Column

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spring Cleaning & Planting

We have had so much needed rain this past week on the Central Coast.  The hillsides are green and beautiful! However, the temperature has gone from the mid 70s down to the mid 50s!  Very Brisk! The rain has limited my morning walks a few times.   I have gotten my flower beds and pots in the backyard planted and they look really nice.  If we could only take off the patio furniture covers and actually enjoy it without the fear of more rain.  Our friends from Fargo ND, Brad & Penny Kasson, will arrive on Thursday and friends from Las Vegas, Jim & Jeri will arrive on Saturday, so I'm doing much overdue Spring Cleaning. ( I don't think I'll get to taking down the Xmas lights)  Speaking of cleaning up, Rachel & Kendall have been very busy working on their new home; installing new windows, tearing out sheetrock, putting insulation in, resheetrocking, texturing and painting.  Their bedroom looks great.  One room down!  I'm still dreaming of a remodeling my kitchen. . .time will tell if it actually happens.  I'm off to St George next week and look forward to visiting with my mom, family & friends & The Parade of Homes!

1 comment:

  1. Wish we were there! I'd LOVE to help with the garden, or start my own!! I'm making chocolate krinkles for Matty, hope they turn out okay!! Loves to you

    ReplyDelete